2022 Conference Call for Abstracts
The American Association of Psychedelics (AAP) is seeking abstracts for the inaugural conference to be held in Knoxville, TN on May 18 - 22, 2023. The theme of the conference is Safety, Care and Ethics in the Psychedelic Space. Oral presentations and posters are welcome on the following topics:
- Pathophysiology of Neurodegeneration Conditions
- Safety and Ethical Considerations in Psychedelics
- Diversity and Inclusion of the Marginalized Population and Psychedelics Therapies
- Psychedelic Harm Reduction in the Clinical Space
- Integrative Behavioral Health Models in Psychedelic Medicine
- Effective Methods for Handling Adverse Patient Experiences
- Pharmacology of Psychedelics
- Addressing Comorbidities in the Psychedelic Space
- Efficacy of Psychedelic Medicine in Palliative Care
- Psychedelics and Substance Abuse Rehabilitation
- Background and significance
Evidence-based practice projects
- PICO Question
- Critique of the Evidence
Quality Improvement Projects
- Problem Identified
- Team Formed
- Problem Clarified
- Problem Understanding
- Intervention Selected
Education and Training
- Education/Training Content
- Education/Training Methods
Instructions for Submissions
- Preference will be given to abstracts that support conference themes.
- Author(s) must be registered conference attendees.
- Abstracts should be referenced.
- Relevant articles, case reports, review articles, and technical reports will be considered.
- Authors may submit a maximum of three abstracts as follows: one abstract of which they are the main author and two abstracts of which they are a co-author.
- All abstracts must be submitted online using the AAP website.
- Depending on continuing review requirements you may be asked to provide disclosure statements, CV, and outline including objectives and learner evaluation method.
- Abstracts are due by July 1, 2022.
- Authors will be notified by July 1, 2022 to the email address provided by the authors when registering.
- If selected, I acknowledge that all presentation materials will be cleared by my facility and if applicable IRB and must be submitted to AAP by November 1, 2022.
- In the event that circumstances arise, which will interfere with your speaking commitment, please notify AAP at firstname.lastname@example.org